Built in 1933, HQS Wellington is the last surviving member of the Grimsby class of sloops, which served valiantly during the Second World War. She was then purchased by the Honourable Company of the Master Mariners in 1947 and fully refitted for civilian use.
Moored opposite Temple Underground Station, the Ship is centrally located, straddling the boundary between The City and Westminster. HQS Wellington benefits from the backdrop of its beautiful teak divided ornate staircase and its wonderful collection of marine antiques, including priceless paintings and model ships.
HQS Wellington is situated at Temple Stairs on the North Bank of the river Thames. The nearest tube is Temple on the District and Circle Line.